top of page

United Arab Emirates (and GCC)

Polish Diplomatic Missions in the UAE and GCC nations

Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Abu Dhabi

Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Riyadh

Territorial competence of the Embassy

Yemen, Oman

Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Doha

Embassy of the Republic of Poland in the State of Kuwait

Territorial competence of the Embassy

Kingdom of Bahrain 

Visa Types

There are three main Visa categories for Poland. 

Type C is a tourist/visit visa allowing Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Filipino and GCC nationals to enter Poland and other Schengen members for a maximum period of 90 days every 180 days. 

Type D is a national visa allowing a stay for up to 1 year on the basis of work, study, dependant(s) *DokuPol does not issue Work Permits

Type A airport transit visa for those in the transit area of a Polish airport. 

UAE Work Experience

Work experience from the UAE and other GCC nations is considered valid and useful in Poland. Polish employers should in theory recognize all previous work experience gained in these countries. It is best to provide your future employer with an employment leaving certificate from an Emirati company. 

Residence Permits

Once your Type D visa is nearing its expiration you'll need to apply for Temporary Residence Card or Zezwolenie na pobyt czasowy/Karta Pobytu, which allows you to stay for an additional 1-3 years before needing to renew. It is important to inform the respective Voivodeship Office [Urząd Wojewódzki ] whenever your change employers, places of residency and personal information. 

Afer 5 years of continuous stay in Poland, you may qualify for a Permanent residence card [Zezwolenie na pobyt rezydenta długoterminowego UE

Driver's Permit

If you are a holder of a valid Emirati driver's permit and you wish to exchange it for a Polish one, you must reside in Poland for a minimum of 185 days first in order to qualify. This driver's permit will require sworn translation into Polish and candidates most likely need to pass a theory exam (also available in English). For more information contact DokuPol.

Registering your stay/ PESEL

Once you arrive in Poland you should register your stay [Zameldowanie na pobyt czasowy]. This document is issued by your respective City Hall [Urząd Miasta/Gminy] for a period that corresponds to your basis of legal stay (e.g. visa, housing contract). The certificate is issued for a cost of PLN 17 and is useful when filing for a TRC or exchanging a driver's permit. Non-Polish citizens automatically receive a PESEL number when registering their stay. PESEL numbers are similar to an Emirati Identification Number, this number helps with banking and other government applications. 

Copyright © 2022 by DokuPol Thomas Romanowski NIP: 522 3205 842

bottom of page